Grilled Chocolate Banana Melts Barbecue Recipes for kiddies is just perfect for those upcoming long summer days. What could be better than listening to birdsong, the wind in the trees and watching the barbecue? This recipe is great for getting the kiddies involved and interested in camping. Sometimes when barbecuing we tend to focus on sausages, burgers and chicken breasts so the team at Wexford Camping have researched lots of cool barbecue recipes for you to try at the campfire. Create your own special memories camping with the kids, near the most spectacular scenery and amazing beaches in Wexford.
This recipe takes about 5 minutes preparation time.
Ingredients for 4 people:
8 tablespoons of miniature chocolate buttons (or use the equivalent in flaked chocolate)
8 tablespoons of miniature marshmallows
8 tablespoons of cinnamon flavoured crunchy cereal crushed (alternatively, you could sprinkle with cinnamon)
4 scoops of vanilla ice cream to serve
For a healthier version, you could also add crushed nuts. We found pecans work best and the kids loved the sweet nutty flavour.
- Preheat grill to a medium to high heat.
- Slice banana lengthwise and slightly open. Place on a rectangle of tin foil.
- Insert marshmallows and chocolate chips into the sliced banana.
- Wrap each banana up in tin foil and cook on the grill for 5-6 minutes. (Or you can bake it at 400°F in the oven for 5-6 minutes).
- Toast marshmallows until they are lightly toasted.
- Unwrap each banana and top with the crushed cereal.
- After the melted chocolate and marshmallows have slightly cooled, eat with a spoon.
Enjoy your camping trip. If you’d like to book a stay with us, please email Patrick Power on firstname.lastname@example.org